Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Airport Pasta

I know, strange name for a dish. Let me give you a little bit of background. At the Denver airport there is a little restaurant that serves the most amazing pasta. We're not sure what the dish is called... actually, I don't even know the name of the restaurant. But it is tasty, and that is what is important.

Ingredients:
Pasta - I think I like bowtie best, but whatever
1 can enchilada sauce (I prefer the medium or hot variety)
2 cups fiesta blend or taco cheese
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
4-5 Green onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
A bunch of cilantro, chopped
A couple limes, cut into wedges

Directions:
1. While pasta is cooking, heat the enchilada sauce in a medium sized saucepan.
2. When the enchilada sauce is good and hot add the cheese.
3. Stir until the cheese is completely melted.
4. Add the beans and corn.
5. Drain pasta. Just before combining the sauce and pasta, add the green onions, tomato and cilantro to the sauce. Toss well.
6. Serve with a bit of lime drizzled on top.

** The pasta in the airport comes with super-thin tortilla chips on top. I can never remember to buy them and don't miss them at all, but if you are feeling adventurous and can remember to add them to your list by all means go for it!

1 comment:

Rammells said...

Keep the recipes a comin'! I LOVE this one!! We'll try the black bean burgers next. Hope all is well!