Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cranberry Veggie Rollups



As promised, my fabulous use for leftover Cumin Beans & Rice. I didn't get a good picture of the finished meal, so instead I'll post one of Addie assembling her wrap... she really likes carrots. The ingredients sound a little odd, but this is seriously my favorite meal right now. I make mine without the cheese.

Ingredients:
Leftover cumin rice
Tortillas
Broccoli
Carrots, shredded
Unsalted corn, drained
Shredded cheese (I used Swiss, but I'm sure another type of cheese would work as well)
Whole cranberry sauce

Steam the broccoli until it is tender, but not overcooked. Place a tortilla in the center of a precut square of saran wrap and fill with the rice, broccoli, carrots and corn. Top with a bit of cheese and cranberry sauce (actually, I like to be pretty liberal with my cranberry sauce). Wrap and save in the fridge, freezer, or warm in the microwave right away. 25 seconds for warm ingredients, 45 if cold.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I definitely didn't think the beans and rice was going towards this meal on the menu! It sounds good/interesting.

I have heard that you can make dry beans and freeze them, but I have never tried.