Friday, April 11, 2008

Dora Vegetables



While strolling through the frozen aisle looking for spinach Addie suddenly got very excited and started saying, "Dora snack! Dora snack!" I looked around and couldn't figure out what she was talking about. I continued my spinach search. "Dora snack! Dora snack right there!!" I followed her finger and sure enough there was Dora plastered on the front of a bag of broccoli. It was $2.50 for the veggies, way more than I normally spend for vegetables, but Addie isn't a big veggie eater (there's a bit of an understatement) so I figured I would give the "Dora snacks" a shot.

Tonight we had salmon and veggies. Dora veggies for Sean and Addie and plain broccoli for me (darn Dora veggies had milk and soy, go figure). Anyway, Addie helped me make dinner and she was very excited to cook the Dora vegetables. She helped me stir and kept saying, "Dora vebbles! Addie cook Dora vebbles! Mmmmm, yummy!!" Finally, dinner was ready. Addie flew to her chair faster than I've ever seen.

"Dora vebbles! Dora vebbles!!" I hardly had time to dish it onto her plate when she shoveled the first bite into her mouth. Oh the face!! She hated it, you could tell. But oh how she wanted to like it. She chewed slowly. Swallowed. "Mmmm, yummy." She was trying to convince herself! Sean and I were trying so hard not to laugh. She kept eating, though, and she seemed to hate it less and less with each bite. When all was said and done she ate about half a cup of veggies which is AMAZING for Adeline. I'm going to have to invest in some Dora stickers. I'm thinking Boots green beans, Swiper carrots, Tico squash...

2 comments:

Sophia Crane said...

It is amazing what you can get kids to do in the name of a beloved character. We will have to figure out other things seeing as we don't watch TV so Cameron doesn't have characters to love.

April said...

She actually got into Dora through books. Her grandpa got her a Dora book for Christmas and she loved it. Then we started checking out Dora books from the library (they only have 3, so we rotate each week, LOL).