Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dinner tonight




We had pizza tonight. This was my "easy" dinner for the week. I usually try to save my easier dinners for the weekend, but today was crazy and I looked at the clock and it was suddenly 5:00.

Ingredients:
Pizza dough
Pizza sauce
Bag of frozen veggies
Cheese

Only half of the pizza has cheese. Surprisingly I don't miss it at all... but I guess when you go two months without pizza anything tastes good. I need to find an easy recipe for pizza dough, that would probably cut the price of this dinner in half.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun blog idea!

We love this dough recipe. I never buy frozen dough anymore. You can let it rise for a while or just cook it immediately.

1 T Yeast
1 C Warm Water
1 T Sugar
1 T Salt
2 1/2 C Flour

Mix it all together, knead it, and roll it out. I like to through some cornmeal down on the pan before the dough so it doesn't stick. Bake @ 425 degrees for 15 minutes.

I buy yeast at Sam's. I get 2 pounds of yeast for $5. I keep it in the freezer and it lasts forever!

April said...

2 pounds for $5!?! I've been debating getting a Sam's membership, I think I'm going to have to now. Thanks for the tip and the recipe!!

Candace said...

I'm excited about your new blog, especially because you cook with so little meat. Where do you get your recipes from?

April said...

I get them from anywhere that I can find them. Books, online, friends. I find that I have to convert a lot of recipes, a lot of strictly veggie recipes are pretty labor intense and I just don't do that, LOL! I used to change meat recipes and convert them to tofu. Now that I can't do that I am having a hard time figuring out what to eat. This is one of the main reasons I started this blog, so that I'll force myself to go out and try new things.

Sophia Crane said...

the recipe for pizza dough that I blogged about a few weeks ago is way easy and doesn't need to rise. I have the link on my blog.