Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shopping Day

I've been neglecting this blog recently. These past few days we've been eating a lot of leftovers, so I didn't feel that there was anything really worth posting about. We did go to a birthday party on Saturday; it was a pizza party so that allowed me to stretch out last weeks groceries one more day.

This week our meals will consist of:
Curried Lentil Pot Pies
Black Bean Lasagna
Pear Sandwiches
Hearty Lentil Stew
Portobello Mushroom Pasta
Curried Chickpeas

My total came to $45.98, but it turns out I need to go back to the store to buy some Turmeric (I thought we had some, but I was wrong). I also think we will probably need to go back sometime mid-week to get more fruit. So I'm guessing I'll probably spend another $10. Not too bad. I did have two splurges this week. The first was portobello mushrooms, $4.24, but I figured that we weren't having any meat this week so it was a justified expense. I also bought some goats milk. I heard that some kids with MSPI can tolerate goats milk, so I'm going to give it a try. It was $3.14 for one quart, so it's not something I will get often, but if she can tolerate it then I can start using it in baking. Or maybe I'll make some yogurt, I've been craving yogurt like crazy recently! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: